Sunday, July 26, 2015

S. Marinella Running Trophy

The Race. Last saturday I went to run with Giorgio the S. Marinella Running Trophy, 7.150 km on an impossible path full of uphill (see the elevation chart). 


The evening was hot and humid and we had to race through some crowded streets full of people (there was a fair) and near columns of cars with the engines running. After the 1st km I understood how tough could be to push so I was so wise to take it easy like a normal workout. I made the right decision because many runners "surrendered" and someone needed the ambulance. I remember one of them 1 km far from the finishing line sitting down on the ground with the head between his hands and another one fallen after the end of his run. I don't understand how it is possible to organize such races. Moreover there were not appropriate drinks to recover the lost fluids but only water and, of course, no official photos. This is the only one I have found on a local magazine: 


Never mind, later we enjoyed a good dinner with pizza and coke.
Stats: 128 of 180, finishing time 39:11 (5:29/km - 8:49 m).
I spent all the day after to rest: the morning lazy on the beach, a nap in the afternoon and evening at home. 
Have you ever had similar experience?

Marc Knopfler - 3 days after I went with my wife Daniela to the Marc Knopfler's concert. Two hours of great music!!!


12 comments:

  1. That's a seriously bad race. I've had to deal with people on the race course before but not many and never had to worry about cars. I'd be giving that one a miss next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's super crazy. I don't deal with crowds that well so this would stress me out a little. And no post-race re-hydrating is just wrong. But the concert....that looks mighty fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that race sounds like bad planning all over. It really bothers me when they don't provide enough water and such, especially on such a hot day when people are probably counting on it. And the elevation profile looks CRAZY.

    We had a very hot race last weekend and did the same thing as you as far as dialing back the effort and taking care of ourselves. But thankfully the race director also made sure there was plenty of extra water out on the course, which almost never happens in adventure races.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bad race! You were smart to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bad race!

    My husband loves Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler.We went to a concert of him together but I found it pretty boring. Next time he wants to go he needs to find someone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my the elevation would be really tough in the heat! You did amazing :) I would have enjoyed some pizza as well.
    Concerts are great relaxation therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That race looks like a total mess. Glad you and Giorgio came away uninjured. The concert looks like fun. Glad you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a hectic race! That pizza afterwards sounds heavenly :) .

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw Dire Straits in the rain in Canberra many years ago. They were fantastic!
    Tough race, but your place and 'workout pace' is very good. And you survived without falling over, so that's the main thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a crazy race for sure! Wise to take it easy. The profile looks crazy too. But the meal afterwards sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gara da non rifare. Peggio di così non potevano organizzarla.

    Si resta d'accordo per Viterbo a fine agosto.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like they "pissed of the Black Knight! I would be mad, too! I'm a city runner - love my blacktop early in the AM, before cars and people. I'm particular about the races I chhose because I don't like running on grass, sand, or dirt - can't imagine running through a fair of people!

    ReplyDelete