Tuesday, March 31, 2015
March 2015. This was a not so bad month for running despite I didn't have the time to race: too busy in this period! The pace was a little bit faster and the runs easier.
Stats: Running 123 km (76,4 m) in 12 workouts - Swimming 12.900 meters in 8 workouts.
On 27th I went to Olbia (Sardinia) to attend a meeting on the Port Community Systems. Here are some photos of those beautiful places.
March 1991. Yes, 24 years ago! I established my PB on the half marathon with 1:31:58 and I was 993 of 2542 overall. Now in that half there are more than 30.000 runners!
Have a good running, swimming, biking, hiking April!!!
Friday, March 20, 2015
At last I succeed in following a regular routine with no pain, no stress and no scheduled training (I mean specific works). To stay healthy is my only goal. The routine contemplates 3 days of sport in a row (when possible, because in this period I travel a lot for work) and 1 day of rest: swimming or running are the same for me. It depends by the weather or the swimming pool opening hours.
Running. The mileage is low, about 120 km (74.5 m) per month but the speed improves by itself. Now my training pace is more or less 5:40/km (9:08 m). It is important to stay injury free and enjoy every single run.
Swimming. Never been a problem, I have been swimming since I was a baby. Every session is about 1600/1700 meters and the situation is good because in early morning (07:30 am) we are no more than 2 persons in each lane.
Photos: these are other photos from the Parkrun in Scotland that I have run with my son last month.
Have a good week end and enjoy the spring
Saturday, March 07, 2015
Prologue. Last week I went to Edinburgh with my son to see the rugby match Scotland – Italia and with the opportunity to run the Parkrun and to visit again the city and the Rosslyn Chapel.
Rugby. In the afternoon we went to Murrayfield to see the rugby match and Italy won 22 – 19!!!!!
Have a good week-end ..... spring is coming!!!
Wednesday, March 04, 2015
I have been nominated for the One Lovely blog Award by Karien over at Running the Race. She is a runner and lives in South Africa (the rugby nation!!!!!!) with her husband (a cycle racer) and 2 wonderful babies (future runners). I am sure you will like her blog.
Thank you Karien for the nomination.
Along the honor of accepting this blog award also comes the following responsibilities:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award Logo to your post and/or blog;
- Share 7 facts about yourself;
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and duly inform them by commenting on their blogs.
And now here are my 7 facts:
- I like to travel (as Karien does too) and the object of my next post will be the scottish vacation with my son of few days ago to watch the rugby match Scotland - Italy (19 - 22);
- I love the animals. My daughter and I are members of 5 associations for their protection;
- I left the Coast Guard 18 years ago after 20 years of service. I miss a lot that kind of life;
- As I am a former rugby player and now a supporter of my national team, I don't like soccer (football in Europe). But what a delusion, my grandson, a flanker on my dream, plays football;
- My favorite meal is pizza and coca cola. I don't like seafood and I prefer not to eat meat;
- I like the medieval history. I read many books about this topic and I often visit medieval places. My son has the same interest;
- I retire on Nov. 1st, 2017 when I will be 61 y.o.
I like all your blogs so, if you haven't been nominated, please go ahead and do it