Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Another runner was born

Another runner was born: this month a new runner was born. I introduce you Gabriele, my 3rd grandson. Of course he will be a runner even if in my secret dreams there is always a rugby field for him and the other 2 kids.



Rugby: but this month is also sad because 2 mates of my old rugby team (see the 1974 photo below, where the B.K. is under the arrow) passed away on the same day. Many players of this team now play in heaven. Ciao Nicola, ciao Augusto!


This is a 2011 rugby reunion photo (from a local magazine) after 60 years of rugby in my city:


Running: I don't follow any fitness program because I am weak again and the arm is painful. It's hard to live with a prosthesis inside a shoulder. Sometimes I walk 1 hour and sometimes I run (2/3 times a week) 5/6 km very very slowly. I cannot do more. The incident was very serious and after 7 months the recover is far again.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 3rd grandson!! Wishing you a complete recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all is well with you and your loved ones. I am thinking of you and hoping you were far from the dangers of the earthquake

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of your third grandson! So sorry to hear of your two former teammates passing - and the earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. Perhaps he will be a Sevens player and you'll get to see his team in the Olympics one day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your newest grandson is very handsome! Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the loss of your teammates. They are playing in heaven for sure. Wishing you continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, congrats! He is precious! I have been thinking about you and hoping your recovery is going smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations of grandson #3! I know you're the best grandpa there is ever in Italy! :)

    And hey, ANY running is better than no running, right?

    Wishing you all the best, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations on your new grandson. He is beautiful. I am so sorry to hear that you are so injured and also that you lost two mates. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gabriele is adorable. Congrats on your 3rd Grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Che cosa un bellissimo bambino neonato! Congratulations! I am sorry for your loss. Feel better soon - I will keep you in my prayers!.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beauty, congratulations!! That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I need to catch up on the Knight's little army.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your beautiful grandchild. Get better! Here on the frontier, things got better for 8 years, although the leader was opposed at every turn, and then disaster struck somehow in November (I think the Russians had a lot to do with it) and we'll see how it plays out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looking to forward to hearing that you can run again...

    Congrats on your new grandson.

    ReplyDelete