Sunday, August 07, 2016

The Real End

The Black Knight is back but only as a blogger and no more as a runner and swimmer. Sorry for the long silence but many things happened keeping me very busy or sad …….

Prologue September- December 2015: I had some little health problems and I was very busy at work, so I didn’t update my blog. This situation influenced my runs, however I entered 6 races only for fun: the choice felt on touristic places with wonderful landscapes to enjoy the atmosphere and to spend a different day with my son and some good friends. Here are the pics of the races where the pace was always a little slower than 5:00/km (between 5:03 and 5:11).

Rural town of Maccarese (Sept. 27):

Rome (Oct 18):

Rome (Nov 1):

Natural reserve La Feniglia (Nov 22):

Canino the olive oil town (Dec 6):

Around the Orbetello lagoon (Dec 13):

The real end: On January 22nd, during a workout, I felt on the ground because I put inadvertently my foot into a packing tape. The result was terrible, I broke the roundabout capsule of my right humerus in 5 parts and the humerus itself in other 2 parts. On January 25th I got a surgery and now I have a prosthesis inside my shoulder/arm (see the pics). I will not recover completely the use of      the shoulder and I must follow a physiotherapy program for not less than one year. The movements are very limited again and I feel pain inside my arm. Of course I cannot swim at all and the only chances are the walks.



I hope that all of you are enjoying this summer break.

15 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. So sorry to see this. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how terrible for you!

    But I am happy to see you back at blogging. And as someone who always looks on the positive sight: walking is great too. My interest moved from running to hiking (check out my blog) which I love much more than running.

    Wish you a good recovery and again, good to see you back on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying the beginning of spring Stefano :)
    That's tough luck re the arm. It was good you were able to get in those races, and that pace range is very respectable!
    I'm confident you'll be able to return to running eventually - I have a friend who's arm was injured in an accident and the elbow fused so it doesn't bend at all. He runs and races very well, so be confident about the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your recovery goes well and that you find enjoyment in walking - it's not easy to make the transition from running when you've loved it so much, but it is possible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back but sorry to hear about the trouble you've had. I haven't blogged this year but still checked on my friends. I hope that you have a smooth recovery. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your accident, Stefano. Wow, you really haven't had it easy this last year or two. Your positive attitude despite all the setbacks is so inspirational - all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! All of that from stepping in packaging tape! Ouch ouch ouch! Keep working at recovery! We're all cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been wondering what was going on with you, Stephano. I am so sorry this has all happened to you; I'm sure it's all so difficult. Hopefully after some therapy, you can enjoy some sort of physical activity....maybe cycling!!!!

    Stay strong and positive...I always like to believe if there is a will, there is a way and I have no doubt your dedication to being active will win. Stay strong, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read this!!! I am sure you will perservere!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mi ha fatto tanto piacere leggere i commenti che ti hanno lasciato tutti questi amici del blog.

    Io sono tornato dalla vacanza ma ho uno stiramento muscolare alla schiena: il momento del cog... mentre facevo un esercizio con i pesi, il c.d. "pull-over" sulla panca. Se continua dovro' farmi fare una iniezione di muscoril.

    Il giorno 15 lavoro. Forse il 14 sera passo a salutarti ... solo se sei disponibile. Poi ci sentiamo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh No! Stefano I am so sorry to read this. What a terrible injury from something so seemingly innocent. I know this feels hopeless right now but never say never. You've come back from injuries before, I know you will again. So great to hear from you! Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry to see you have been going through so much pain! That is a major life change. I hope you can find some way to back some activity that isn't painful.
    Looks like you had some fun runs leading up to your injury. I know you miss your fitness life. Hang in there and I hope you get some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ouch. so sorry to hear you were injured. Keep blogging and telling us about your other adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mamma mia! che battosta! Mi dispiace tanto Stefano leggere queste triste notizie. Ti auguro un velocissimo recupero, e spero che il dolore migliora. Ahime' queste cose vuole del tempo x guarire, e sono sicura che ti rimettera' in sesto prestissimo. Anch'io ho avuto un problema con il tendine. Non cosi grave come il tuo, ma insomma, mi ha messo male e tutto'ora e' un dramma correre. Cmq, un anno passa veloce, e spero che continui a bloggare. Sono passata spesso dal qui, ma ho visto un buio totale. Sono contenta di risalutarti.
    ps. sono stata in Toscana a Marzo, veramente una tocca e fugge, ma la prossima volta......

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no! Just seeing this now as I was away. I wish you a thorough recovery, since it doesn't seem to be a speedy one.

    ReplyDelete